I have so many exciting things in store for you.
If you need a quick pick-me-up after vacation or a binge weekend, Renewal “Anytime” is a perfect body reboot. You can also use this detox if you need to look amazing fast for a wedding, reunion, or big event.
Before you embark on your detox journey, I want to talk about the word BALANCE.
You are told to strive for balance in your life. In my opinion, that’s pretty difficult to accomplish. There are so many outside sources that can get you out of whack with life: new job, moving, marriage, trips, environmental toxins…the list is endless.
You can’t control every single thing in your life. You can, however, control what you put into your body and how you deal with stress.
That’s why I developed the Renewal “Anytime” 10 Day Detox. Think of this plan as a clean living jumpstart. You will start with eating clean, whole foods. You will also incorporate exercise, breathing and even dry brushing and massage.
Let’s call it a RE-BALANCE.
Your body is always striving for balance to keep you in optimum health, physically, mentally and emotionally. Even things like the changing seasons, nature and being around other people can move you away from the balance your body craves.
Physically, your blood needs to be at a pH level of 7.365. Have you ever heard of acidity and alkalinity? Maybe in a biology class way back? I don’t want to go into a big science lesson. What I first want you to know is something extremely important—your body loves you. Your body works hard to keep you alive.
With that love in mind, it is valuable to know that your body becomes more acidic over time due to consuming a lot of caffeine, sugar and processed foods, as well as exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, and most of all stress. The acidity leads to inflammation.
Inflammation leads to chronic disease.
Not good. We don’t want any of that. Doing a gentle cleanse is a great way to re-balance your body by pumping in alkaline foods such as dark leafy greens, veggies and fruits and taking some “me” time.
Managing stress is also a way to help your body re-balance. Try yoga, meditation or breathing exercises over the next 10 days. Or, even easier, while eating your lunch, try sitting still for 5 minutes without the TV on, texting or reading a magazine. Your body is striving for balance so make sure to participate in activities that are relaxing and soulful; alkaline activities.
While your body is working to keep you healthy make sure to get a re-balance once in awhile to help her out. You can reuse this plan after your cleanse. Use the recipes and tips to give your body a reboot each season or when you feel out of whack. Remember that having perfect balance isn’t really doable, but you can get pretty darn close by following the steps in this plan.
I’m so excited to be on this wellness journey with you. Have an amazing detox experience and keep in mind this is not about perfection but about getting a chance to RE-BALANCE.
Renewal “Anytime” Detox…How It Works Renewal “Anytime” Detox is for 10 days…10 days of discovering new things about your body. How glorious!
Here’s how it works:
- Read this entire book, cover to cover, before you head to the grocery store.
- Check your pantry. Do you have leftover quinoa or a spices that can be used for the cleanse?
- Don’t go and buy extra items. Stick to the list, especially if you have a budget. You might have some of the ingredients hanging out in your cupboard or fridge. *Most items can be found at a natural food store. Just ask anyone in the produce section or bulk section for items you are looking for. Don’t take a lot of time searching for items. Ask for help. *I like to buy my grains like quinoa in the bulk section of the grocery store; saves me a little cash plus I can get the right amount I need for a recipe.
- Make sure to follow the Daily Practices such as breathing and dry brushing so you have an overall holistic experience with your detox.
- Journal during your cleanse to jot down feelings, observations, etc… This is a nice way to get to know your body better and make that body-mind connection even stronger.
- Use the “Return to Life” section of this book to ease back after detox. Make sure to focus on what foods you don’t need or just want to introduce slowly. This packet can guide you towards a plan afterwards. As you know, each person is uniquely different, so customize your next steps per your body, schedule, and lifestyle.
- Use the BONUS recipes after your detox to keep the glow going. These recipes will also help you ease back into “regular life” without shocking your system.
After spending years struggling with a growing arsenal of health-destroying conditions that ranged from fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, candida and rosacea to cystitis and tons of allergies, she decided to turn to nutrition and lifestyle to reclaim her health. Then pursuing her education with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, she turned her personal quest into her vocation with the launch of Whole Health Designs. Lisa provides seasonal detox programs, meal planning and private coaching for those who desire to embrace “clean living. “ She also provides juice cleanses to local clients and leads wellness retreats in Costa Rica.
As a nationally acclaimed wellness expert, Lisa has worked with thousands in her Renewal 10 Day Detox programs. Her work has been featured in Fox45 News, Fitness Magazine, TinyBuddha, Elephant Journal, Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Life , Good Life Project, The Daily Meal, and Mind Body Green. She is also the author of her new book, Go Clean, Sexy You: Your Seasonal Detox and Clean Eating Guide will be available late 2015.
"My personal mission is to spread the word~ FOOD IS LOVE. The more whole, REAL foods we eat, the more REAL we become. Imagine how we can change the world by transitioning to the clean life together. I would love you to join me!"
Recipes to try!
Bean, Pea, and Leek Soup Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 large leek (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced 1 tsp. chopped mint 1 cup frozen peas 1 15 oz. can navy beans, rinsed and drained 2 cups vegetable broth Directions: In a large pot over medium heat, sauté leek and mint in oil for 5 minutes. Add peas, beans, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve. Serves 2 Sweet Potato Salad Ingredients: 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. lime juice 1 apple, cored and sliced ½ yellow onion, finely chopped ¼ cup chopped cilantro ½ avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds Directions: Place chopped sweet potato in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer to a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine oil, lime juice, apple, onion, and cilantro. Add avocado and cooked sweet potatoes. Toss, top with seeds, and serve. Serves 1-2
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Are you a book reviewer or book blogger? Join our book tours reviewers team - Apply Here x